We are a dynamic and passionate community group focused on sharing information, building community resilience, advocating for the environment and supporting effective action.
Our mission is to empower people to protect and regenerate our planet. Together we can achieve so much more!
Guided by our mission, we focus our volunteer efforts around the following key activities:
* We inform people by publishing balanced sustainability-related information.
* We inspire communities by modelling sustainable practices and showcasing innovations.
* We connect people with sustainable products, services, and accredited experts.
* We empower people to lead direct and positive action in response to the climate crisis by providing information and knowledge, sustainability products and services, and priority projects for implementation.
* We advocate for our community on sustainability issues and opportunities.
* We engage with the community at events and through our online activities.
* We coordinate sustainability events that develop community awareness, understanding and knowledge.
* We collaborate with a wide range of environmental and sustainability-focused organisations in the community, business and government.
Geelong Sustainability has been steadily developing its connections with a wide range of organisations and businesses. Our future growth and outcomes will be driven by the breadth and quality of our partnerships and collaborations.
Like many socially progressive community groups, we are convinced of the truth in Margaret Mead’s famous quote. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”
The science on climate change is very clear and there is no time to lose. We connect and collaborate with people and organisations seeking to create practical solutions and transition our economy.