-- THIS EVENT HAS ALREADY OCCURED --
Sunday 6th of February 2022 12:30 pm
Good to have you here…. Thank You
Some of you may be wondering, what exactly is Transition?
Transition is a movement of communities coming together to reimagine and rebuild our world. Here we explain what it is, why people do it, how the movement started and give you a sense of our underpinning principles and approach.
We’ve tried to capture the history of this amazing movement in this two-minute video.
Transition Kollaborative – Joondalup LGA is our opportunity to collectively set things right in our own backyard.
An Opportunity to help to make our City and Community, Inclusive, Safe, Resilient and Sustainable.
An Opportunity for direct input into the Future of OUR City and Communities.
An Opportunity for Academic Researchers to engage with Transition and support Transition to build community resilience at a local and global level.
People do Transition for all sorts of reasons:
- to get to know their neighbours
- to feel like they are making a difference in the world
- because the world’s huge challenges (climate change, social inequality, economic decline and so on) feel more manageable if addressed at the local scale (as one person put it, “Transition changed my relationship to the problems”)
- to catalyse all manner of new projects, enterprises and investment opportunities
- to learn new skills
- to feel like they are creating a new story for their place
- to feel connected to other people and to something historic and exciting happening around them
- because they feel it is “the right thing to do”.
In this three-hour Genius Guide to Transition Meeting you will receive a detailed presentation and workbook on the benefits to you and your community in being involved in the Transition Kollaborative, Network and Movement.
In fact, if you feel there has been no value exchanged or you are just not entirely satisfied with the presentation, then please see us for an immediate 100% refund of your ticket AND we hope you at least enjoyed the refreshments in exchange for your time….. PLUS you get to keep the Genius Guide to Transition Workbook.
There are some exciting times ahead for us all as we begin to Transition into a New Localised Economy for the Joondalup LGA, only limited by our collective imagination:
- Worms and Composting
- Water Savings
- Repair Labs
- Renewable Energy
- Reducing Waste
- Community Transport
- Tool Library
- Car Share
Need more information?
You can reach your facilitator Allan Connolly at firstname.lastname@example.org and learn more about Allan at https://linktr.ee/BigAlConnolly
Sunday 6th of February 2022
12:30 pm to 3:30 pm
Joondalup Family Centre, 5 Jolstra Cres
Allan 'Big Al' Connolly
View the Flyer
Areas of Interest