Indigenous Garden Tours
Transition Warringal’s Indigenous Garden Tours bring local people together to inspire and support appreciation of indigenous plants and local ecosystems. We gather in the spirit of honouring the sustainable management of the lands and waters by the Wurundjeri Woi wurrung people, the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we walk.
Our Indigenous Garden Tour hosts recommend these resources:
- Indigenous Plants for your Garden, Banyule City Council (booklet)
- Live Local Plant Local, Nillumbik Shire Council (booklet)
- Indigenous Plants voucher program, Banyule City Council
- La Trobe Wildlife Sanctuary Indigenous Nursery
- VINC: Victorian Indigenous Nurseries Coop
Replace lost habitat for local fauna with a nest box on your property. In 2015/16, we ran the Warringal Habitat Links project with support from a Banyule City Council Environment Grant at the same time as FOSCAP’s nest box project funded by a similar grant. Robyn and Jen, and later Penny and Doug, did tree access training to install and monitor nest boxes in residential gardens and Rosanna Parklands.
Join a local Friends group
Friends of Salt Creek and Associated Parklands