Cohousing Australia – July Webinar – Turning NIMBY into YIMBY
Monday 16th of November 2020 7:30 pm (AEST)
Monday, 20 July 2020 from 19:30-20:30AEST
Turning NIMBY into YIMBY
(From Not In My Backyard to Yes In My Backyard)
Are you interested in cohousing but not ready to move in?
Is there a cohousing project proposed in your area and you aren’t sure if you are onboard with that idea?
This session will look at demystifying cohousing for project neighbours and why cohousing is something you want in your backyard.
For forming groups, how do you build community support and approval; often two of the biggest hurdles to cohousing projects.
Discussion will include:
– Exploring the benefits of cohousing for the broader community
– How to have this conversation with councillors, officers, planners
– Identifying who are your community allies and potential NIMBYs?
– What are the skills and processes for engaging with officers and councillors, especially during planning processes.
– Ways cohousing projects can navigate planning controls that meet community expectation and the groups objectives while satisfying council requirements.
Make sure you register via the link to attend!
Please click this link to register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Third Monday of the month 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm (AEST)